Return of the Progress Notes
Apr. 24th, 2012 07:14 pmWell. Looks like I just grew a new novel. It came to me in a dream (literally.)
Untitled YA Debtors' Prison/Reality TV Thing
Words today: 1146
Words total: 1146
Reason for Stopping: food needed, and homework
Tyop: out exercise yard
Darling:[The guard] told me his name once too. It's Nikos. I don't even let myself think it most of the time, let alone call him by it like he asked. If anyone ever found out he'd get fired, and then...well. He's only working here to pay off his own debt, and if he loses this job, I might see him again, but only when I watch the chain gangs march out from across the yard.
Mean things: Being in prison since the day she was born, with no hope to ever get out. Asshole guards. Unexplained summons to the Warden's office. The guy she likes is completely inappropriate. Gang rivalry.
Inside jokes: the warden is an alumnus of both UofT and Carleton.
Things needing names: A production company. Protagonist's family members. Rival gang members. The prison.
Well. That was fun.
Untitled YA Debtors' Prison/Reality TV Thing
Words today: 1146
Words total: 1146
Reason for Stopping: food needed, and homework
Tyop: out exercise yard
Darling:[The guard] told me his name once too. It's Nikos. I don't even let myself think it most of the time, let alone call him by it like he asked. If anyone ever found out he'd get fired, and then...well. He's only working here to pay off his own debt, and if he loses this job, I might see him again, but only when I watch the chain gangs march out from across the yard.
Mean things: Being in prison since the day she was born, with no hope to ever get out. Asshole guards. Unexplained summons to the Warden's office. The guy she likes is completely inappropriate. Gang rivalry.
Inside jokes: the warden is an alumnus of both UofT and Carleton.
Things needing names: A production company. Protagonist's family members. Rival gang members. The prison.
Well. That was fun.
no subject
Date: 2012-04-25 01:11 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-04-26 01:20 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-04-25 01:26 am (UTC)